- THÉA GRUP
- GÖZ SAĞLIĞI
- ARAŞTIRMA VE İNOVASYON
- GLOBAL AKTİVİTELER
- THÉA VAKFI
- YAN ETKİ BİLDİRİMİ
- CANLI YAYIN
One of the two priorities of the Fondation Théa is to enable doctors and nurses from French-speaking and Portuguese-speaking Africa to follow training courses either in their own country or in the best French or international ophthalmological departments, then to put this acquired experience into practice to directly benefit local populations.
• Training of teams from Ophtamo Sans Frontières, our partner in the fight against trachoma in North Cameroon,
• Support given to the “Teaching the teachers” program created by the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) to improve training in ophthalmology in French-speaking Africa where the demand for eye care is on the increase.
• Training in primary eye care given to doctors and technical managers in three districts of the Dogon region of Mail, in partnership with the Spanish foundation, “Eyes of the World” (“Ojos del Mundo”)
• Training provided in cataract surgery at the Conakry Medical Faculty (Guinea) for a doctor from the Bethesda Hospital in Cotonou.
• Training given in orbital and oculoplasty at the Avarind Eye Care Hospital in Madurai (India) to a doctor from Benin.
• Training provided in the preparation of topical ophthalmic cyclosporine, an immunosuppressant used in grafts, for pharmacists from the African continent.
• Financing of posters for Algerian schools to raise children’s awareness of the dangers of trachoma.
Soon, training will be provided for African ophthalmologists on a surgery simulator at the Gabriel-Montpied teaching hospital in Clermont-Ferrand.